hey !

hey, thanks for stopping by! you're alright.

January 04, 2011

10. On the road to Cachi.. I met Jesus.


HEY!


Let's start the TOP 10 with a destination in South America...of course you found it I will start with Argentina!

I chose it since the Dakar just started and they are already in the Northwest where I was a year ago and spent a great time until… The car accident!

I was leaving Salta to go first to Cachi then Cafayate and ending up after more than 1000km in Mendoza by following the famous "Ruta 40".

I had to take the "Cuesta del Obispo" a rocky road with short curves for over 3 or 4 hours. There were a couple of cars following the same road but not much. Most of us stopped in the middle of the clouds when we had the chance to find a small chapel and a cross.

I stopped the car to take this picture. Met the people that were going to Cachi but did not talk, I only looked straight to their eyes. How could I ever imagine that I will face death 500 meters ahead? 



Rolling over, pulling up from the broken window. Watching the few workers running up to help me out. I did not realize yet that I just had a major car accident. Only thought it was a short dream or nightmare…


Not even a scratch, a miracle.

Enjoy your life !

A.

1 comment:

  1. True Story...
    "Scratchless" Arthur Benazra, my Globetrotter-Storyteller friend who embraces life with his infinite trips...

    ReplyDelete