hey !

hey, thanks for stopping by! you're alright.

January 13, 2011

3. Machu Picchu, Peru.

Hey!


For my Top 3... I had my mind my best trips in South America but not the order!

I always dreamed to go to the Machu Picchu and did not expected that it would be in my twenties. After my landing in Lima, I moved on to Cuzco, the "center of the world" for the Incas.

I spent a couple of days there and decided to see the archeological sites of Pisaq and Ollataytambo to start with before getting to the famous and magical Machu Picchu.

I arrived by train late night and did not book my hostel. Met Mexicans, Spanish and Canadians (from Quebec please) and followed a group of people. Had no idea where I was going but at least I was not alone!

The hostel was creepy but I had a bed. Happiness. If you want to visit peacefully the site, go early! So I woke up at 4.30 and went downtown to catch the bus which goes up to the site. Around 100 people were already at the entrance at 6 am.

When I finally entered, the ruins were between fog and clouds. Beautiful. It gave me the impression that I was discovering for the first time Machu Picchu. It was magical and mystical in the same time.

I went directly through the ruins to the”Sun Gate” which leads to the mountain Wachu Picchu. I climbed for almost 45 minutes and when I arrived on the top, I was the 2nd after an Argentinean "compaƱero".

Alone, without a bunch of tourists talking and yelling how great is it. Pure silence. The view was spectacular with the sun's shades enlightening the ruins.

I spent all day walking between the ruins and lamas while taking pictures. The best moments are in my mind but here you go. Travel and imagine!

A.
 Lama

Birdy

Argentinean Mate

Machu Picchu

Inca Praying

Ruins


Enjoy the view !

No comments:

Post a Comment