hey !

hey, thanks for stopping by! you're alright.

January 17, 2011

1. Carnaval : Rio do Janeiro, Brazil

Boaaaa noite !

Tudo bem para voce ? Welcome to Brazil and the so called “Cidade Maravilhosa: RIO DO JANEIRO. My number 1 by far for my year 2010.

After my tour of the road wines in Mendoza, I went back to Buenos Aires and took my flight with GOL Airlines (so Brazilian) for the Carnival of Rio de Janeiro.

I won’t talk about my first night in Rio which was let’s say “very special” but still I was on Ipanema early morning taking a shower with local “Cariocas”.

During my week in Rio, I had the chance to eat “açai with granola” and maracuya juice almost every morning. Delicious.  I couldn’t miss a good “churrasco” which is the equivalent to Argentina’s famous meat with friends for the night.

When you are staying front beach in Ipanema, life is easier. But some of the best beaches in Rio are few kilometers away. Like Jao Tinga. We can take the bus, but taxis do it better. My nickname started in Rio because I was always ready to take a cab. Moreover, I had the moves to attract taxis to come to me: “O Rei Do Taxi”. Yes I am!

I went on an early morning to visit the Corcovado. I could see it already when I arrived in Rio. Don’t be mistaken, the Corcovado is the hill where stands by "O Cristo Redentor".

Overwhelming and beautiful, you can feel the protection given to the city. Not as big as thought, but still, it’s worth it. As the panoramic view of Rio de Janeiro from the Corcovado…

Let’s go to my main subject, O Carnaval! The explosion of “alegria” which is the genes of each Brazilian, I’ve never seen such happiness, colors and joy in a country. Slightly different from life in Paris.

We went late night to see the show at the Sambodrome, the main venue for the defiles of samba’s schools. While we were getting from the Sambodrome, we picked up costumes that were thrown up after the show of schools. You will see on the pictures what we found! We arrived for the school called “Mangueira”, and we became fans singing the song “Meu coraçao è Verde e Rosa” all night. Wonderful time.

We went back to Ipanema after this amazing night, and day was just starting. We took pictures on Ipanema‘s beach with our costumes, you will see the result hereby.

You have to know before I end up the post that you have to go the “Carnaval da Rua” which is present on the streets. It is very popular for its blocos where you drink and dance! 

This is the only week during the year where the poor from favelas are equal to others.

A must do and see, as early as possible! 

BEIJOS ! VIVA CARNAVAL !

A.


Jao Tinga

Sunset in Rio
 
Trem do Corcovado

Angel

Fier d'être Français !

O Cristo

Redentor

View from Corcovado

Tudo bem !

Costume de Pimp

Mangueira

Char

Song

Bloco

Pimp my ride

Mangueira

Shake it !

Team Carioca

Vila Isabel

Vila Isabel


Dance

Morning

The Beatles in Rio

Ipanema

Muito Obrigado !

2 comments: