hey !

hey, thanks for stopping by! you're alright.

January 08, 2011

6. Death Road, Bolivia

Welcome in Bolivia!

Poor country but so much to see and to do! I arrived in La Paz not only to discover a city but for a special tour that I will remember. Death Road, by bike.

Called the “Yungas Road” by the locals, you start at 4,650m at La Cumbre before descending to 1,200m and reaching the town of Coroico, It is legendary for its extreme danger and known as the "world's most dangerous road". And I’ve made it! Yeah!


The road in the middle of the clouds

The views were breathtaking and biking downhill for nearly 60KM was definitely a huge adrenaline rush. Especially on one occasion when I came close to lose control of my bike… As a result it slowed me down immediately for the rest of the trip (remember the accident on the road to Cachi ?).


Will they make it ? 



In memory

You may have sometimes the feeling on the track that you have more chances to rather end up dead than alive… between fog and cascades you will hope to see the shades of sun again. But is it a risk you are willing to take?


Victory and how French tourists can ruin a great picture

Come and ride the road with my Canon around my neck. Feel it! Check the video on my Facebook!

Live your life.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment